By Kev Reynolds
The Himalaya are not any usual mountains. Stretching via 5 international locations and dwarfing all others, they've got captured the imaginations of guests and mountain fanatics for hundreds of years. whereas a few search to arrive their snowy heights, many extra step out onto winding and hiking trails to trek throughout the center of the mountains, and reside - if just for a short time - the lifetime of an adventurer.
The first time a path is explored deals unknown attractiveness and clean adventure round each flip. this is often Kev Reynolds' selection of 8 such discoveries alongside renowned trails and into lands formerly locked away. dropped at existence in bright variety, Reynolds conjures up the odor of aromatic rhododendron jungles and traveling prior terraced fields, hillside villages and historic temples. Then exploring into hidden valleys past the achieve of civilization, and directly to towering, ice-locked peaks that scratch the sky.
All proceeds from revenues of this e-book might be donated to the Nepal Earthquake Appeal.
Read Online or Download Abode of the Gods: Tales of Trekking in Nepal PDF
Best hiking & camping books
* if you are heading to the Smokies, you have to this guidebook! * all of the trails, tenting info, and most sensible points of interest for viewers of significant Smoky Mountain nationwide ParkThis guidebook deals a mixture of day hikes and in a single day backpacking trails, and elevated traditional background and historical past details at the Smoky Mountains, making it the main whole guidebook to the zone.
In case you examine Arizona, you're thinking that wilderness. yet Arizonais additionally domestic to mountains that high 12 ,000 ft and huge plateausthat are shaded via ponderosa pines, spruce, and fir. Sheer cliff facessoar skyward, mesas abound, and, sure, Arizona is dissected by means of gulches,abysses, and canyons, together with the awesome Grand Canyon.
The tales during this booklet are all in keeping with real-life studies. they typically contain occasions starting from frigid wintry weather tours to canoeing existence threatening river rapids within the wilds north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Come and sign up for the writer, his spouse, and plenty of diverse fogeys of every age as they canoe, fish and hunt the nice open air.
On 8 treks in Nepal's Himalaya; to Kanchenjunga, Manaslu, Annapurna, Everest, Langtang, Dolpo, Api and Mugu, the real spirit of hiking is captured in Kev Reynolds' reverence, interest and ongoing love of the world's maximum mountain diversity. The Himalaya aren't any traditional mountains. Stretching via 5 nations and dwarfing all others, they've got captured the imaginations of guests and mountain fans for hundreds of years.
- Best Hikes Near Columbus (Best Hikes Near Series)
- Best Outdoor Adventures Near Minneapolis and Saint Paul: A Guide to the City's Greatest Hiking, Paddling, and Cycling (Best Adventures Near)
- Camping Idaho: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds (A Falcon Guide Camping)
- Trauma Care for the Worst Case Scenario, 2nd Edition
- Walking New Orleans: 30 Tours Exploring Historic Neighborhoods, Waterfront Districts, Culinary and Music Corridors, and Recreational Wonderlands
Additional resources for Abode of the Gods: Tales of Trekking in Nepal
Abode of the Gods: Tales of Trekking in Nepal by Kev Reynolds